Current volunteer opportunities
- Spring Book Fair March 3-11
- Health screening March 9
- Jump Rope For Heart March 13
- Camp Alliance Feb 28
- Clay Tile Night March 6
Ongoing volunteer opportunties
Food Rescue Program: If you would like to participate in this amazing program, please contact Rafaela Navarra at (954) 294-3834 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for volunteering opportunities. The program runs daily from 11:40am to 1:50pm. We offer flexible volunteering opportunities; weekly, biweekly or as little as once a month. Click here to learn more about this program.
- VSY Morning Mile: Volunteers are still needed from 8:20 a.m. - 9:05 a.m. We are looking for volunteers to make a weekly commitment. Questions? please email Lara Shah at email@example.com. Let’s get our kids moving in the mornings!
- Carline: Volunteers arrive at school at 8:40 AM, check into the front office, and head out to the carline. Ms. Nelson, our fabulous paraprofessional, can let you know where to stand or you can choose a spot along the carline route. It's as little as a 1/2 hour commitment once a week, rain or shine. Click here to sign up. If you have any questions, please contact Jen White directly at 954-665-8007 or Ftlaudteacher@bellsouth.net.
- Reading Coaches: The program requires a commitment from October to May. Each Reading Coach is assigned to a specific student and will meet with him/her once or twice a week for 20-30 minutes throughout the year.
- Chess Club: Come join the excitement and volunteer with the new Chess Club at VSY, made possible by a passionate parent! There has been an extraordinary student interest so, as always, volunteers are needed to make this program an absolute success. Sign up at the following link to volunteer during the Chess Club meeting times on Fridays.
Volunteers are an integral part to the success of the VSY community. Just a few reminders....
Broward County Public Schools 2019/20 volunteer application is open. You must be an approved volunteer to chaperone field trips, help in the classroom, or volunteer during the school day. Apply now! We need you. Returning volunteers who received a badge during the 2018/19 school year, do not need to complete an application. These volunteers will be automatically screened for the new school year and approved volunteers will receive a confirmation email. We invite all other individuals to click here and complete the 2019/20 application. NOTE: Only Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari may be used to complete the application form. If you have questions, please contact Volunteer Services at 754-321-2300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrive early for your shift, allow time to check in with the office and get acquainted with your volunteer task
When you volunteer outside of hors that are recorded at school, please record your volunteer hours on our website
There are many opportunities for parents and community members to get involved! Your help is needed!
Complete the Volunteer Interest form and we will be in touch with you.