Get Involved — Volunteer!
Volunteers are an integral part to the success of the VSY community. Just a few reminders....
- DON'T FORGET TO REGISTER WITH BROWARD COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD. In order to volunteer in any capacity at VSY, you must complete the online Broward Schools volunteer application form at https://www.browardschools.com/volunteers (Click “Get Involved!” on the right hand side). The application usually requires 3-7 days for processing and ensures a safe and secure environment for our students. All volunteers--even those who have volunteered in the past--must complete the application this year.
- Arrive early for your shift in order to check in with the office and get antiquated with your volunteer task
NOT SURE HOW TO HELP? There are many opportunities for parents and community members to get involved! Your help is needed! Complete the Volunteer Interest form and we will be in touch with you.
Volunteers are currently needed for the following:
- PARENT PE - Friday, December 7th: Join us for the first Parent PE of the year with a special guest.....assistant head coach for the Jacksonville Sharks, David Ewart! We need a ton of volunteers for this incredible event. Lunch will be provided for volunteers working multiple shifts. Click here for the class schedule and signup list.
- 4/5 New Years Dance Party (December 20th, 11:30 - 1:30): Signup forthcoming
ONGOING YEAR LONG PROGRAMS:
FOOD RESCUE PROGRAM: FIRST TIME EVER AT VSY starts FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER!!!
We need volunteers for lunch hours (11:30-1:35) on MONDAYS, THURSDAYS AND FRIDAYS (every other week is an option) please contact Rafaela Lima Navarra ASAP TO SIGN UP!
phone: (954) 294-3834
Any help is appreciated and you can always change your times/days or find a replacement so don’t be afraid to commit and having to switch or cancel later on... we will accept any amount of hours dedicated to this amazing project.
- VSY Morning Mile: Launched last week, this internationally acclaimed walking/running program provided an excited and energetic way for the children to start their day, but we still need your help. We are seeking a group of parents willing to spend about 45 minutes supervising our students as they walk or run for 30 minutes before school Monday through Friday in the VSY field. It’s an easy job, which provides fresh air, happy faces, a blast of energy each morning and a bunch of amazing kids destined to live better and longer. Volunteers are still needed from 8:20 a.m. - 9:05 a.m. We are looking for volunteers to make a weekly commitment. Can you commit to one morning a week (or more)? Click HERE to sign up! If you have questions, please email Lara Shah at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s get our kids moving in the mornings!
- Carline: Still Looking For Volunteers!! The efficiency of morning drop off is dependent upon our parent volunteers! Help the children get out of the car quickly and safely at the start of the day. We simply wave the cars forward, open the door for the children, help them get out safely and close the door and off the parents go! This is a great way to meet new parents and meet the children too. Volunteers arrive at school at 8:40 AM, check into the front office, and head out to the carline. Ms. Nelson, our fabulous paraprofessional, can let you know where to stand or you can choose a spot along the carline route. It's as little as a 1/2 hour commitment once a week, rain or shine.
If you would like to volunteer, please email Jen White with the day/s of the week you would like. If you have any questions, please contact her directly at 954-665-8007 or Ftlaudteacher@bellsouth.net.
- Reading Coaches: VSY is looking for Reading Coach Volunteers! Reading Coaches are parent volunteers who assist students in need of a little extra reading boost. The program requires a commitment from October to May. Each Reading Coach is assigned to a specific student and will meet with him/her once or twice a week for 20-30 minutes throughout the year. Reaching Coach volunteers can determine which day(s) works best for their schedules. Please sign up here if you are interested in being a Reading Coach this year.
- Chess Club: Come join the excitement and volunteer with the new Chess Club at VSY, made possible by a passionate parent! There has been an extraordinary student interest so, as always, volunteers are needed to make this program an absolute success. Sign up at the following link to volunteer during the Chess Club meeting times on Fridays. Volunteer signup for Chess Club